Sunday 23 September 2012

Literacy

The first of my new adventures is I've been made Director of Literacy and Education Projects of my Rotaract Club (If you don't know about Rotaract check it out here: http://www.rotary.org/en/studentsandyouth/youthprograms/rotaract/Pages/ridefault.aspx or feel free to contact me for more info as I have been doing this for a few years now). In this position I will now be sitting on the executive, attending are literacy round table meetings, and chairing meetings of the literacy and education projects committee. Literacy and education are especially important to me because I am hoping to teach ESL in South America (Bolivia, Equador, or Chile) after I graduate (master plan, more later). Something we are currently working on is getting involved with a local literacy group called the READ Society to help with their after school programs at local elementary schools. I'm super excited for our club to get involved but I am also incredibly heart broken that my schedule for the WHOLE YEAR doesn't allow me to take part :(

xoxo J

No comments:

Post a Comment